The famous Ginger goes well with...
The traditional spicy-sweet condiment based on the famous Ginger goes well with Chinese and Indian dishes.
Ginger Pepper Jelly is the perfect accompaniment for all meats, hot or cold, and excels when mixed with cream cheese for canapes or used as a spread or a dip.
It also make a superb glaze for meats and vegetables.
All natural, Sodium free, No preservatives, Fresh vegetables and spices.
Recipe - Spicy Curried Vegetable
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbs Busha Browne's Ginger Pepper Jelly
- 1 -2 tsp Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tbs fine Jamaican (yellow) curry powder or your favourite
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 carrots — peeled and chopped into 1/4"slices
- 1 large irish potato —peeled and cut into 3/4"chunks
- 1 1/2 cups green beans
- 1 red sweet pepper — seeded and sliced into 3/4"chunks
- 1 cup chopped whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Busha Browne's Ginger Pepper Jelly goes well with Asian foods.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over med/high heat, add onions and cook until soft. Stir in fresh garlic, curry powder, coriander and cumin and cook until aromatic. Add carrots, potatoes and Ginger Pepper Jelly — stir together to incorporate flavours. Add tomatoes and vegetable stock and simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender. Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes — add green beans to cook for final 2 minutes.
Dress with fresh cilantro and serve with Indian naan bread or white rice.
- 12 oz. (authentic six-sided glass jar)