Recipe - Spicy Steak Burger
- 1/2 cup Busha Browne Smokey Jerk Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Busha Browne's Planters Steak Sauce
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 each green and red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 Vidalia onion (or purple onion), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Mozarella cheese/cheese singles
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
Busha Browne's Planters Steak Sauce adds a curiously delightful flavor to broiled steaks and swordfish as well as casseroles, gravies, stews and seafood dishes.
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F). Mix BushaBrowne Smokey Jerk Barbecue Sauce and BushaBrowne's Planters Steak Sauce. Mix 1/4 cup with meat; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Grill patties and vegetables over direct medium heat, 10 to 12 minutes or until burgers are done (160ºF) and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning and brushing with remaining sauce after 6 minutes.
Top burgers with Mozarella cheese or singles; grill 1 minute or until melted. Fill buns with vegetables and cheeseburgers.