Recipe - Grilled Tenderloin of Beef with Planter's Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 2 beef tenderloins, peeled of silver skin and cleaned
- 2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp coarse ground all spice
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 6oz Busha Browne's Planter's Steak Sauce
- 2 tsp Busha Browne's Hot Pepper Sherry
- 2 med. onions sliced
- 1 lb assorted mushrooms — cremini, shitaki, porchini (your favorites)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs heavy cooking cream
- 1 tbs fine chopped garlic chives
Busha Browne's Planters Steak Sauce adds a curiously delightful flavor to broiled steaks and swordfish as well as casseroles, gravies, stews and seafood dishes.
Season beef tenderloins with salt, pepper, all spice, garlic and olive oil. Place tenderloins over direct heat on your med/high grill and cook for 10 minutes on the first side and 5 -8 minutes on the other depending on your preference for medium rare to well done.
In a sauce pan, add the butter and saute the onions until translucent, add the mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and chives - stir for 2 minutes.
Add Planters Steak Sauce, Hot Pepper Sherry and heavy cooking cream and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste.
When beef is cooked to your liking, allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4" thick slices. Pour mushroom sauce directly over beef or serve on the side as a gravey.