Recipe - Breadfruit Vichyssoise Captain Bligh
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large onions, finely minced
- 2 Garlic cloves put through press
- 1 1/2 cups peeled breadfruit , diced
- 2 cups Concentrated chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp Busha Browne's Pukka Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbsp Busha Browne's Original Spicy Planters Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Light cream or unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped green escallion tops
Busha Browne's Planters Steak Sauce adds a curiously delightful flavor to broiled steaks and swordfish as well as casseroles, gravies, stews and seafood dishes.
Melt butter in skillet, saute onions and garlic until transparent. Add the uncooked breadfruit, stock, Bushabrowne's sauces and seasonings. Simmer covered until breadfruit is tender. Cool. Put through colander or blend
Add the cream or yogurt and stir until smooth. correct seasoning. Chill thoroughly and serve in chilled bowls, garnished with chopped green escallion tops. Serves 4.
Irish potatoes or yellow yam may be used instead of breadfruit.